Pairing of the wireless handset of the Dali nursing bed series
The beds of the new Dali series score with a wireless handset that provides great flexibility and a better quality of life. If the bed is set up in a new household, this handset must be connected to the Dali control unit via Bluetooth – the so-called "pairing". This is usually done by an employee of the medical supply store.
Technically, pairing works like connecting your smartphone to your car or a wireless loudspeaker in your household. The first connection of the Bluetooth components initialises within approx. 20 seconds after the pairing process.
Please complete the following steps:
1. Plug in the power supply: You now have 20 seconds to pair the handset.
2. Press and hold both height adjustment buttons (2nd row on the handset)
simultaneously for at least 5 seconds.
3. The Bluetooth connection is being initialised, this takes 20 seconds.
Irina Dietrich, Deputy Sales Manager at Burmeier, explains how the pairing works in just a few steps.
1. If the locking magnet is still attached to the handset for transport, please remove it. Then connect the power supply of the bed to the socket. Now you have 20 seconds to pair the bed as follows.
2. Point the handset towards the bed near the backrest. Press down the two buttons in the 2nd row (height adjustment of the mattress base) for at least 5 seconds. Please make sure that the buttons are pressed simultaneously and not with a delay.
3. The pairing takes about 20 seconds to establish the Bluetooth connection. Now test the success of the pairing by pressing the upper left button on the handset. When the backrest is lifting, the process is complete.
4. Was the pairing unsuccessful? Then please use an alternative method. For this, the headboard of the bed must be close to the socket. Please unplug the power supply and wait until its LED goes out.
5. Now hang the handset onto the safety sides and hold down the two buttons in the 2nd row with the fingers of one hand. At the same time, plug the power supply unit back into the socket with the other hand. The pairing takes place immediately. Then wait 20 seconds and carry out the function test again (step 3).
6. If there are any problems with the pairing, please clean the battery. Open the lock on the back of the handset with a coin.
8. For the pairing to work, the control unit must be connected correctly. An LED on the control box underneath the backrest provides you with this information. When the bed is connected to the mains power, it first flashes yellow and then glows green. If no light is visible, the medical supply store employee should check the plug connection of the power supply. For this, please follow the instructions in the instructions manual (Part B, Chapter 3.7: Electrical connection).
Contact persons for all questions are your Area Sales Manager at Burmeier or our local partner.