Did you know?
Bed extension for hospital beds
Tall patients need enough space in a hospital bed to lie relaxed and recover quickly. With the bed extensions of our models Evario, Puro and Seta pro, the nursing staff can effortlessly and without tools provide a 28 cm longer mattress base. Lars Schröder, Product Manager for the hospital division, shows the simple activation of the bed extension using the Evario as an example.
1. First pull the two handles on the right and left beneath the foot end forwards to unlock the bed extension.
2. Now the bed extension can be pulled out. In its end position it locks into place. Press briefly against the foot end to ensure that the extension no longer moves.
3. For maximum patient comfort, you can now attach an optional extension to the lower leg rest. Simply hang the extension part without tools on to the hooks of the lower leg rest.
4. We offer upholstered parts for the optimal extension of the mattress. Place the upholstered part onto the lower leg rest extension. The handles and the lateral protective edges of the extension hold the upholstered part securely in place.
5. When the mattress base is adjusted, the lower leg rest extension moves along with it so that the patient can fully enjoy health-promoting reclining positions.
6. Another option for extending the mattress base of Evario and Puro are integrated extendable brackets on the lower leg rest. These can be configured when the bed is ordered and are always in place. To extend the mattress, a special upholstery part is available which can be attached to the brackets.
7. Our hospital bed Deka can also be equipped with an extendable bed extension – it is optional and 20 cm long.
8. For the Deka, the unlocking switches on the right and left side are pushed up under the foot end. The bed extension can then be pulled out in the same way as on the other models.